Our Band Program consists of 4 types of Bands:
Beginning, Concert, Symphonic, and Jazz
This is where everyone starts. You don’t need to have any musical background to join our beginning band. We teach you everything you need to know. This band is mostly made up of new 6th graders.
Concert Band is a a place to grow and stretch the students skill level. They play harder songs and learn more advanced skills. This band is made up of 7th and 8th graders.
Symphonic Band is our highest level band. The students are challenged with more technical music and requires a dedication to mastering your instrument. This band is made up of 7th and 8th graders.
Jazz Band is an additional elective come of the students in concert and symphonic choose to take. All the music we learn and plan in Jazz Band is upbeat, jazz music. Jazz band doesn’t include every instrument from the other bands, but it does include piano and drums. This band is made up of 7th and 8th graders.
Band Program Procedures and Information
- Enter the band room in an orderly manner and be in their seats ready to play by two minutes after the tardy bell.
- Play only their own instrument or one assigned to them
- Have an instrument and mouthpiece that are of a brand and size approved by the director (Equipment must be maintained in good playing condition)
- Practice at home regularly. 30 minutes a day is recommended.
- Keep instruments in a locker during school and take home to practice each day
- Attend any rehearsals or performances that are scheduled for their group.
- Be on time to any and all events.
- Bring all band music and books to class every day.
- New Members: beginning band students must purchase a band shirt from the band boosters. All symphonic, jazz and concert band students will need to have concert attire.